Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Problem and Solution

.
Good morning folks,
It's day #20 of drinking ONLY water and eating ONLY fruit.





Problem:

Over the last three {or more} days, I've noticed two things.

#1 My appetite seemed to be getting larger and larger.
So much so that I'm over eating to the point of indigestion.

#2 My cravings for overt fat
{such as olives and avocados which should only be eaten in moderation}
as well as NON-fruit foods
were also increasing.

Solution:

I am inspired by the advice of Essie Honiball from her book
"I Live on Fruit," to fast.





There are so many different types of fasts.
Which one should I use?
Today I choose to use {what I like to call}
A Novice Fast.

What's that?
Taken from the Theravada flavor of Buddhism
{that is popular in South East Asia}
One eats a breakfast at {or before} dawn and
one eats "lunch" at 10:30 am.

Then one consumes only:
-air,
-sunlight
and
-water
until the next day's breakfast.

Many long term fruitarians have found this to be a very effective way of
rapidly taming their cravings.
For me, it feels like using "control-alt-delete" to
restart one's PC.






I can be reached at:
http://www.FaceBook.com/LamaJigme

Om Mani Padme Hum,
Lama Jigme Gyatso: Rime Manipa Tantrika


.