Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Temptation

.
Good morning my friends,
It's day #28 of drinking ONLY pure water and eating ONLY sweet, juicy, fruit.





Last night I attended the monthly Sci-fi meet-up at a local restaurant.

As my friend Allison and I entered the Studio Dinner,
the enticing scent of salty, fatty, savory fried food
assailed my innocent nostrils with promises
of pleasure and fulfillment.

Not only did everything smell good but
everything looked delicious.
But ya know what didn't look so good?
The folks eating them!

I remembered back {longingly} to when I ate
whatever I pleased.
But then I also remembered how fat I was and
{more importantly} how miserable I was.

What was making me so unhappy?
The physical pain of intense muscle spasms,
joint pain, increased motor ticks,
profound lethargy, mind-fog and

the frustration of not being able to
effectively influence my body's
comfort, efficiency and appearance.

Yep, everything looked, and smelled delicious last night
but the memory of profound dissatisfaction kept me in line
so I savored the bottled water I brought along with me
knowing that when I returned home I could

feast upon a bowl of sliced bananas,
blue berries and cubed manges!





I can be reached at:
http://www.FaceBook.com/LamaJigme





Om Mani Padme Hum,
Lama Jigme Gyatso: Rime Manipa Tantrika


.